Article 1 of the Declaration of Human Rights states: All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
It is our mission to enable all our young people to reach self-actualisation, to challenge barriers to success and to become equal and valued participants in society.
Saxon Hill Academy will strive to enable all our young people to make the very best of their abilities and potential to achieve this.
We will use our skills and resources to enable all our children and young people to develop:
- self-awareness and self-advocacy
- communication and independence
- self esteem, emotional resilience and confidence
- skills, awards and accreditation.
We will ensure that we provide a learning environment and community that:
- values and supports the child and family
- believes in an ethos of mutual support, care and respect
- leads by example
- listens to and values all contributions
- strives for improvement and quality of service
- expects the best and challenges all to achieve their best.
We will ensure that we provide a safe and nurturing environment that:
- provides opportunities to face challenge and take risks
- provides appropriate and personalised continuous learning
- is happy and harmonious
- is caring and supportive
- takes every opportunity to develop the child to their full potential.